1.Community Impact Assessment & Management
Operating in the chemical industry, Everlight Chemical is committed to providing safe chemical products and implementing green chemistry principles. Our plants strictly comply with all applicable environmental, health and safety regulations and complete required documentation and filing requirements to ensure full regulatory compliance. We also strive to minimize any significant negative impact our business activities have on local communities.
- Water withdrawal: each plant actively implements water recovery and reuse measures, leading to continuous decline in water withdrawal and outstanding water conservation outcomes.
- Pollutant discharge management: each plant follows the regulations to ensure proper treatment of pollutants before discharge, making sure they meet the prescribed standards before release.
- Waste management: waste is sorted and handled properly at our facilities. We engage qualified vendors to assist with waste disposal. We also conduct regular inspections to ensure compliance to regulations by the vendors.
Everlight Chemical continues to actively communicate with local communities and take into account the economic, social, and environmental impacts that our production processes may have on the local community. We focus our efforts on three aspects:
- Promoting local economic development: We prioritize local hiring at all our plants and also provide employee housing for employees who live far away. By hiring locally, we hope to drive and support the development of the local economy.
- Ensuring industrial safety: We ensure safe management, transportation and storage of hazardous materials and comply with relevant regulations set by the competent authorities. All our plants have joined mutual-aid groups for emergency response at the industrial zones the facilities are located. We actively participate in drills to enhance our disaster response capabilities.
- Supporting community development: Each plant assigns dedicated personnel to regularly visit local borough chiefs to address concerns from the community. We also actively support community disaster prevention efforts, participate in river adoption programs, hold beach cleanup days, donate pandemic relief supplies and support local elementary and high schools through donations. Our efforts have received wide recognition, reflected in an impressive satisfaction score of 95.2 points in the local community satisfaction survey we conducted in the fourth quarter of 2022.
3.Community Engagement Highlights
Outstanding Achievement Award from the Taoyuan City Government for Supporting Community Flood Resilience Efforts
Chief Officer of ECIC Plant II Mr. Shun Xing Yeh (third from the right in the front row) at the Taoyuan City Flood Resilience Pledge Ceremony receiving the award
Under the impact of global climate change, extreme weather conditions have become more prevalent, resulting in increased intensity of typhoons and record-high rainfall during flood seasons. In response, ECIC Plant II has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the nearby Shulin District to collaborate on enhancing the community’s disaster preparedness and resilience against floods.
Taoyuan City Community Flood Resilience Pledge Ceremony
On-site evaluation on flood resilience by the Water Resources Agency of MOEA, ECIC Plant II Manager Hsun-Cheng Cho (first from the left in the second row) and Asst. Chief Officer Chih-Hao Huang (second from the left)
ECIC Plant II Participates in Coast Adoption & Beach Cleanup Events
We participate in the Taoyuan City River Adoption Program and have adopted the Guanyin coast and Daku River, holding beach and river cleanups as well as educational activities that teach the public about environmental protection and ecology. There is no end to our commitment to caring for this planet and the environment.
Group photo from beach cleanup day
Daku River ecological tour
High Distinction Award of the Taoyuan City River Adoption Program for Businesses
Chief Officer of ECIC Plant II Mr. Shun- Xing Yeh (on the right) attends the 2022 River Adoption Program Award Ceremony and receives the Excellence Award for ECIC Plant II from the Taoyuan City Government