E verlight Chemical uses atom efficiency as an internal metric to measure and optimize resource efficiency, focusing on reducing waste and input at the source. Meanwhile, we collaborate with our supply chain partners to create value together by implementing environmental protection and circular economy practices. Each plant is committed to implementing the 12 Principles of Green Chemistry, striving to implement improvement measures to reduce waste, enhance recycling and reuse, and apply technological innovation in production processes. We continue to work towards the goals we have set and promote resource recycling and reuse.
Definition of Atom Efficiency
Atom efficiency refers to the percentage of reactants that get converted into products a vailable for sale in a manufacturing process.
Formula: （Total mass of product available for sale/Total mass of reactants）x 100%。
- We introduced atom efficiency as a performance indicator in 2016, setting an annual target rate of 58%. Looking ahead, our target is to achieve an atom efficiency rate of 69.3% or higher by 2025.
- Each plant continued to diligently implement the 12 Principles of Green Chemistry, aiming to further optimize resource utilization.
- Each plant and division provided monthly reports on atom efficiency performance and actively exchanged knowledge and expertise.
- In 2022, we achieved an atom efficiency of 770.9%, representing a waste reduction of 818.1 tons compared to 2021.
- The Company was awarded the Green Chemistry Application and Innovation Award from the Environmental Protection Administration in 2019 and 2021.
- In 2021, the Company was awarded the Circular Economy Award by the Taiwan Chemical Industry Association (TCIA) in 2021.